Storytelling in the Film Survivor
Kate Abbot: New Security at VISA office, trying to stop terrorists entering the country, high flier in DC, 9/11 friends died, MOTIVE for trying to stop terrorist dude
Bill: Letting all the terrorists through- MOTIVE-Son was being held by terrorist for leverage
Paul Anderson: Counter Terrorist Office
Sam: The boss, trusts Kate’s instincts and believes her
The Watchmaker-Terrorist behind attacks in Paris, tried to blow Kate up, monetary motivation, wants to be a billionaire
Assassin’s employer-Not a terrorist, a business man, just trying to make more money
Romanian guy-Wife died after she wasn’t allowed into the country looking for emergency treatment, wants vengeance
Ambassador-Trying to save her own skin by blaming Kate so she doesn’t lose her job.
Kate Abbott is an employee for the American Embassy in London, who began working in the government after most of her friends were killed in 9/11. While she is implementing new, more stringent visa applications for potential terrorist suspects, most of her team are killed while attending a restaurant for the birthday of their superior, Bill Talbot, with Kate only surviving because she left the restaurant to get a last-minute present for Bill. An investigation into the attack reveals that the bomb has traces of chromium, leading one of Kate's fellow employees, Sam Parker, to deduce that the perpetrator was the Watchmaker, one of the world's most wanted killers, known for his precision work, who detonated a bomb with similar traces in Paris some time earlier. Kate's subsequent attempts to find out the cause of the explosion reveal that Bill was being blackmailed to let certain visa applicants through after terrorists abducted his son, and the man behind the attack was indeed the Watchmaker. Her efforts uncover a plan to detonate another bomb at Times Square in New York City during the New Year's Eve celebrations. As she carries out her own investigation, she is attacked by Bill and later classified as a suspect for the attacks, forcing her to sneak back into the embassy to create false passports for herself to follow the Watchmaker to New York, with support from Sam Parker, her superior at the embassy and one of two who believes in her innocence. In a final confrontation in Times Square, she manages to kill the Watchmaker who stumbles over the side of the building during their fight as he tries to trigger the bomb. Consequently, her hunch is vindicated and she clears her name.
- Solider dies in Afghanistan, other guy survives.
- Scientist tries to cross border with fake passport-killed
- Checking for scientific expertise when issuing VISA
- Traitor in the office: Bill
- Some dude is making bombs, handed off a package with bomb in
- Bomb being used to attempt to blow up VISA office workers
- Kate leaves to buy present, doesn’t get blown up, pretty sure everyone else is dead-transition to middle of the film
- Guy tries to shoot Kate, she gets away
- Bill tries to shoot Kate, Kate shoots Bill, he hobbles around for a bit then falls over
- Super evil guy is back in town, takes Bill’s ID card
- Kate throws gun in bin, pretty terrible hiding place
- Kate wanted for deadly assault, video gone viral
- Man killed after making sure terrorists can track Kate, pretty sure his name was Trevor or something
- Warrant issued for Kate’s arrest
- Super explosive gas made for terrorist attack so they can shoot it with a super special sniper
- PEP TALK FROM SAM Kate’s friend Lisa being tracked and followed as she is on her way to give Kate Money and clothes.
- THE WATCHMAKER
- Kate at St Pancras, being followed by her friend with the money (Lisa), Sam, Paul Anderson and the bad guy
- Bad guy in police radio, tells the officer of a suicide bomber to divert attention
- Now she’s running on train lines, how dangerous, being chased by Paul Anderson and his goons, now he’s shooting her, he’s a really terrible shot
- She just got blown up by the bad dude, but the she stabbed him with some glass or metal and ran away
- She’s broke into Bill’s apartment and found Sam, being tracked by The Watchmaker
- Watchmaker and his people have solider who survived at the beginning as hostage who is Bill’s son = leverage
- Sam’s backup has been murdered, Sam has a door on top of him, and the Watchmaker is here to kill Kate again
- Now they think Kate tried to kill Sam
- Kate has snuck into the embassy place and has stolen a hard drive with passport files on in order to be able to travel
- Romanian dude arrived at JFK airport, New York, wants to avenge his wife’s death.
- Watchmaker just wants to make money-MOTIVE
- Kate gets on plane to NYC-Transition to end of the film
- She is in NYC, being tracked by the Police
- Romanian dude making super explosive gas thingy for terrorist attack in NYC-time square New Year’s Eve
- Gas going to be piped into some kind of giant ball in the middle of the New Year’s Eve celebration in time square, then sniped and exploded by watchmaker dude
- Kate trying to stop attack, gets ambushed by a dude who she stabs in the thigh with a pipe
- Watchmaker kills the Romanian
- Kate finds the watchmaker just as he is about to shoot the ball and shoots him, causing him to miss, they then fight and she gets beat up and then pushes him off of the roof and saves everyone
SAM IS OKAY, and Kate’s name is cleared.
End of the film.